Saturday 9 June 2012

Diagramming

I've been working on some diagrams that I want to use in my presentation to clearly display how the building form has literally been sculpted by the site analysis, as I think this is a pretty important aspect of my design - that it is actually considered and not just a wayward form.


This diagram shows the progression of the public building on the waterfront, and how it evolved from a rectangular box to a warped trapezoid shape, dictated by the sun paths.

This diagram shows the 3 core buildings underneath the green roof, and their purposes.  

I really like this diagram, although it's pretty rough.  It shows how the solar area is directly reflected in the building form.  I think this also fits my vine concept pretty directly as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment